Skip to main content

College Applications

College Application Help

In order to attend a university you need to apply online. The following are the universities that most Oceanside High School students have applied to in the past:

Common Application

This is a general on-line application form used by over 400 national independent colleges

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

If you are a resident of California, you are eligible to request a reduced WUE tuition rate of 150% of the resident rate at one of the 145 participating schools in the West.

WUE states include: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming

College Essay

Some universities you apply to may ask for a college essay. Here are some places you can go to get help:

UC Application- Personal Statements

College Board- Essay Skills

College Application Essay Help


Other College Sites

Transferring Units Between Colleges
Private Colleges in California
Online Learning for Higher Education

US College Search: U.S College Search is a guide to the nation's colleges, universities and online degrees. They offer one the most comprehensive guides to regional colleges on the Internet with a database of 9734 schools and universities